Anodized products and components are used in thousands of construction and architectural projects. Most of us use anodized aluminum while cooking as it’s widely used in cookware.
CMI has collaborated with Lorin Industries, a world leader in coil anodizing finish solutions. Coil Anodizing is an electrochemical process, that grows the aluminum oxide layer from the the surface of the aluminum, not an applied coating.
Benefits of anodized aluminum:
- Durable and Abrasion Resistant
- The aluminum oxide layer is integral with aluminum substrate, therefore it can’t chip, flake, or peel. It will resist surface scratches
- Corrosion Resistant
- Salt water exposure will not corrode an anodized aluminum surface because of water’s neutral pH.
- Anodized aluminum will not patina like copper and zinc, nor rust like steel, nor weather like brass.
- Strength of Anodized Aluminum
- Anodized aluminum will flex or deflect more than steel which softens the force of impact loads.
- Can replace the look of expensive stainless steel
Several finishes are available as well as colored options.
Corrugated Metals, Inc. manufactures products from anodized aluminum for exterior applications such as:
- Rains Screens
- Sun shades
- Parking garage screens