Corrugated Metals, Incorporated (CMI) was founded in 1887, in a 5,000 square foot building in Jersey City, NJ.
During its first 80 years, the company operated as a sheet metal shop with a marketing area of Greater New York City. CMI’s product line consisted of plain galvanized corrugated sheeting produced on a drum corrugator and press brake.
However, by the 1960’s, metal fabricating technologies had advanced, and so did CMI, investing in state-of-the-art roll forming equipment and constructing a new manufacturing plant, adjacent to its original building.
By the 1970’s the company had evolved into a leading manufacturer of metal roofing and siding products, and opened a second manufacturing plant in Chicago, Illinois. CMI’s product line had expanded to include over thirty different metal roofing and siding products, in a broad spectrum of metal types and finishes.
In 1990, CMI consolidated all of its operations in the Midwest, to maximize production and shipping efficiencies.
Today, CMI operates from a brand new manufacturing plant located in Belvidere, Illinois. And while building products remains our mainstay market, we have expanded into the original equipment and defense markets. Our modern plant and equipment, ISO 9001:2015 quality system and commitment to customer service have enabled us to compete on projects not only in the United States, but around the world.
CMI is a family-owned company. We are proud of our history, and look to the future with enthusiasm and optimism.